1.31.2012

How to get started

Couponing might be a bit overwhelming to get into. I know when I started I just didn't know where to begin. Grab 4 Sunday newspapers, scissors, a stapler, 3-ring binder, dividers and baseball card inserts.

Set up you folder. Get the biggest one you can find. Label your dividers by categories that you will use. There may be coupons in the paper you won't use so don't waste your time or space on making a section for those. Catagories I use are:
Medicine
Baby
Candy
Paper products
Laundry
Air fresheners
Breakfast
Soup
Pasta
Granola/fruit
Salty snacks
Prepared sides
Condiments
Drinks
Oral care
Personal care
Cleaning
Frozen
Dessert
Bread
Meat
Baking
Sweet snacks
Batteries
Pet
Refrigerated
Misc

The way that I cut my inserts is by stacking matching pages from each newspaper insert and cut all four, or how ever many, at one time. You can line the pages up and staple them together to insure they stay in place. When I cut the whole page out I immediately put them into the baseball card insert. Believe me, it's less work this way. When I started I would individually cut each coupon out, then match up the coupons the after they were all matched put them in my binder...it took forever. Now even with my six month old twins I can find the time to clip my coupons.